Monday, February 16, 2015

Up, Up & Away

Here are snippets of things I came across/ate on my 18 hour journey from Toronto, Canada to Asia. We had a short layover in Korea, then we were off to Bangkok to catch our connecting flight to Vientiane, Laos. Let me tell you, this was the longest 18 hours ever!

Happy Family Day to my fellow Canadians!

Here's a look at my first meal aboard Korean Air - Bibimbap! 

Bibimbap wouldn't be complete without this - individual mini tubes of Gochujang sauce! 
These are so cute!

There's nothing more comforting on a long flight then hot noodle soup. 
I couldn't say no to a mid flight snack of Shin Ramyun noodles.

I came across this cute Charlie Brown themed cafe at the Incheon International Airport. 
They serve everything from iced frappes, espresso to bubble tea.

There's Charlie with my order. I picked a Mango smoothie and an earl grey bubble tea to quench my thirst during the layover. I can't say I'm a huge fan, it had the essence of early grey but it was way too sweet for my taste.

My favourite meal during the entire 18 hour trip!! Spicy Tom Yum noodle soup for breakfast at the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. That's right, I said breakfast. Nothing will wake up your taste buds like this bowl of soup at 7am. I finished it off with a cold glass of thai iced tea with condensed milk.

Lunch aboard Bangkok Airways as we make our way from Bangkok to Vientiane. 
Traditional northern style sausages and rice. 

Here we are. Vientiane, we have arrived!!

I can't wait to share more pictures from the rest of my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment