Monday, January 26, 2015

Windsor Arms | A Royal Tea Affair


I've been waiting for a special occasion to go for high tea at the Windsor Arms in Toronto. I figured what better occasion to go than for my birthday. I have heard great things about their tea services from Mila, so I was excited to finally try it out for myself. 





My sister and I came fully prepared with our fascinators on. My cousins, Samantha and Niki each borrowed a fancy hat from the Tea Room's hat rack. A $5 donation is added to your final bill if you choose to wear one. The proceeds go towards the Look Good Feel Better program; a charity that offers free hands-on cosmetic and hair alternatives workshop for women with cancer.


We were seated in the french-style lobby tea room. The decor was bright and elegant. It was decorated with floral wallpaper and white chairs for guests. My only complaint is that the tables were arranged very closely, so you were practically sitting next to someone else. Our server was very friendly and made us feel comfortable immediately. She explained the menu and the different components of our tea knowledgeably, which I definitely appreciated!


At first glance, the menu seemed quite small per person but was actually really filling:


Afternoon Tea







Petits Fours

The three tiered serving platter was enough to share among two people. So our table had two platters.


Separated by types, the selection of tea was extensive and impressive. I chose the Snow White, a white tea with apple. The tea service comes with the following; tea pot usually in English China, tea strainer, beautiful white china tea cups, plates and silverware. 

At the end of our tea service, they surprised me with a nice little treat for my birthday. At this point, I was already full from everything else, but I made sure I had a bite of the mini red velvet cupcake. 


The overall afternoon tea experience was good. They have a wide selection of teas, some of the best finger sandwiches and great service. The best Devonshire Cream for me still goes to the Royal York Library Bar. The price is also on the higher side so this is definitely a special occasion treat! Monday to Friday - $38/per person. Saturday & Sunday - $45/person. Holidays - $60/per person.


This is an experience I highly recommend everyone try at some point. It's such a fun experience for a birthday celebration, bridal shower or a special mother's day treat. We all had so much fun, being able to experience a little bit of English tradition. I can't wait to do it again!

Windsor Arms - The Tea Room
18 St. Thomas Street Toronto, ON M5S 3E7
Price: $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment